11.30.2006

So you know...

"Where have I been?", you wonder? We spent several days in glorious Thatcher and came home to a disaster. Our drywall guy re-textured our walls and ceilings without using a single drop cloth, ANYWHERE! So our carpets were ruined and everything was covered in dust and plaster splatter. We've been staying on an air mattress at my in-laws since Sunday. Meanwhile, Brad has spent every waking moment working on the house. He fixed all the drywall mess, painted ceilings, pulled out baseboards, ripped out all the carpet, jack hammered out this bizarre concrete step in the master, and bought our new baseboards. My mom is coming to be with Cohen today so I can help Brad paint all the baseboards, trim, doors and walls. We're having concrete poured in two rooms today to fix the multi-level floor issue common in 70's houses and then carpet will be installed Friday. As much as Brad is hating this, I think it's going to make him love the house in the end. How can he not love the product of his own sweat and energy?

I'll post pictures and updates soon.

2 comments:

Leah said...

WOW! That is really frustrating that you came home to such a big mess! Grr....I hope things calm down soon!

Unknown said...

You should just have Mike & Stephanie's paint guy come paint your house. He was a real charmer....