5.03.2007

Strangeness in the Night

We're home from my big birthday adventure. I've never been as glad to see my own bed as I was last night! We left early Tuesday and drove straight to Disneyland. When the park finally closed, we headed over to our Motel 6 in downtown Hollywood. Our plan was to sleep a few hours before going to wait in line for The Price is Right taping. We did not sleep. I wish I had taken some video of our hotel experience because writing about it wont do it justice. The people next to us were RIDICULOUSLY loud... and that's exactly what I told the front desk the first time I called to complain. The people quieted down for a bit and then they'd start right back up. Sometimes they were fighting, sometimes they had the music up and were signing, one time they were having a really loud conversation about Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen... I had had enough when I could hear a woman out in the hallway, crying and yelling "I hate you!" It was so horrible! I finally heard the front desk telling them they had to leave and that the police had been called. Unfortunately, this type is situation is extrememly low priority to the LAPD so it took the screamers about 30 minutes to actually leave the hotel. My anger turned to uncontrolable laughter at about 2:30 when I heard someone from the hallway yell, "You better give me back my wig off your (blankety blank) head!" Seriously! Could this be for real?!
So we finally just gave up on sleeping and left the hotel about 3 am to go get in line. There were over 200 people already in line when we got there! Most of them had slept on the street, which sounded good to me after the night we'd had in our hotel! So after 12 hours of waiting, we finally got into the studio for the taping of the Price is Right. It was totally fun but all the waiting and hassle doesn't seem worth it when you dont hear those three magic words, "Come on down!" There was another girl there celebrating her 30th birthday, only she had brought 20 friends all wearing shirts that said, "Pick Sarah, it's her 30th birthday". So she got picked and won $10,000 in cash. Happy Birthday to her.
The real topper to my birthday was after fighting the rush hour traffic out of LA and finally getting home about 11 pm, we just fell into bed immediately. I dont know what time it was but I woke up in bed, soaking wet all over my chest and stomache and I was holding a cup! Brad says that I asked him for a drink and he handed me the cup from the nightstand. I have no idea what went on but our bed was too wet to sleep in. And there you have it... Happy Birthday to me!

10 comments:

JLynn said...

hey jill...sorry to hear about your horrible hotel drama/experience. when i got to the part about the person screaming about a wig...that's really really funny and i started laughing and all i could picture was britney spears!

Leah said...

SHESH! That is one crazy story...glad you are home safe...thanks for the giggle!

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

that does not sound like fun at all. at least we had a good bbq before hand!

Auburn said...

That is too funny. Happy 30th!!

Anonymous said...

It's because the Hardy's didn't go. Rule #1 always take a Hardy with you. At least you got away together. Happy Birthday!!

Jaime S. said...

i accidently stayed in a hotel in S.D. that rented by the hour. It was scarey and I didn't get much sleep either. I tried to get a refund that the greasy man refused. So, I asked for some towels and he got them out of his trunk. You can never be too careful with a pick of a good hotel.

stephanie said...

yikes, jill. sounds like a lot of fun.

onehm said...

Wow! Can you top that next year? What a crazy trip. Sorry you didn't win on TPiR!
Happy Birthday!

the Painters said...

JIll, just a quick little thought from me....WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU EXPECTING FROM A MOTEL 6 IN DOWNTOWN HOLLYWOOD??!!!!!!! Girl, you are brave and I'm surprised you didn't hear any gunshots from the wig lady. I really enjoyed reading your blog entry and I'm soglad you at least had a memorable 30th. The Price is Right sounded fun and now you're home and you can relax......at least a little maybe when Cohen is sleeping right?

Courtney said...

I am sorry, that story is too funny!! I love that you have that story to tell!

Happy Birthday!