4.27.2008

Mom’s first letter to Jace:

My sweet Jace,

You are 4 days old today. While you cant appreciate this story yet, you will someday. And so I write.

We had a hard night last night. You woke up about 11:30 and were pretty unhappy until after 2:30 am. After hours of eating, burping, rocking, and swinging, Daddy finally swaddled you and got you to sleep in the bassinet. Exhausted, Dad and I went to sleep. I had a terrible dream where Daddy got really beat up in a street fight and the people had followed us home and were trying to get in the house to get me. You and Cohen were both there and I was literally scared for my life. I woke up crying, which woke up Daddy, or so I thought. He hugged me and told me it was ok… But then after a minute he said, “Let’s just get him into fresh water.” He was talking about you. I was fully awake and so this comment made no sense, obviously. Daddy, still mostly asleep, tried to explain to me that we’d put you in salt water but you needed to be in fresh water. He went on to tell me that you’d be happy just to have a name. Now laughing out loud, I realized that Daddy was having a “Nemo dream”, which is understandable considering he watches Nemo with Cohen almost every day. It’s their favorite movie. My giggles finally started to actually wake Dad up and we shared a good laugh.

Sorry we’re both crazy. Best of luck to you and your brother.

Love Mommy

9 comments:

Emily Ruth said...

I love this story. What a great one to pass along!

Debbie said...

So so happy for you and Brad and Cohen. What an absolutely darling little boy and buddy for Cohen. Hope that you can get a better nights sleep tonight.

KatieJ said...

That is really funny- I had s bunch of crazy scary dreams the first week or so after Charlie was born too! I'm right with you on the sleepless nights, but I'm a little jealous that Brad is up with you! Sam sleeps right through it all...

Diana said...

Congrats on your cute, healthy boy! Your story made me laugh and reminded me of when we were roomies. You talked in your sleep alot, but I could never remember what you said by morning. You asked me to sleep with a pen, paper and flashlight to write down what you said in your sleep. I think I only woke up once, enough to write anything anyway.
:-)

Kim A said...

Congrats Jill, your baby is beautiful! Thanks for sharing such a funny story too!

Anonymous said...

hilarious story!! I'm sure they will turn out just fine Jill.he-he


And on a different note,I am wanting to practice newborn pics, would you be willing to let me photograph little Jace? he-he

Marie said...

That's hilarious! I love the idea of writing a letter to your child. This is priceless. Good idea!

Kristal said...

That's an awesome story! Gotta love any disney dream. YOU BABY IS BEAUTIFUL! He's got great skin tone! Whatta stud. And I LOVE the name Jace! (it's what I call my husband). Good job, oh, and you look freaking great in that pic cohen took, skinny little arms!

the Painters said...

Geesh Jill that is funny! It's so weird when they sleeptalk huh? Matt does it too and I always laugh out loud but he is such a heavy sleeper that he just right on talking. I try to remember what he says so I can tell him i the morning, but I always forget. Funny stuff! And can I say that all my friends having babies is making me pretty "hungry" for one too. But alas, I then remember that I already go nuts with 3....and with my luck, I'd have another boy anyway...not ready. Jace is adorable and so yummy! And Cohen looks like a new person being a big brother. He just glows.