12.14.2008

titles... ba humbug

This is me at the Nutcracker Ballet with my ex-step-sisters, Heather and Tammie. What? You dont have ex-step-sisters? I'll break it down: When I was in 1st grade, my mom married their dad. Thus, we were step-sisters. Our parents had a baby together so we share a little sister. But our parents got divorced when I was in 8th grade. Technically, we aren't sisters anymore... even though we still have a little sister in common.

Got that? Then let's move on.

I love going to the ballet. I especially love The Nutcracker because the music is so familiar. This was my first time at Symphony Hall and we had AMAZING seats, way down in front. It happened to be "Angel Night", where foster kids and homeless families from around the valley got to see Ballet Arizona and The Phoenix Symphony perform for free. I'm such a snoot because I was worried that the audience would be really loud and not know proper performance etiquette and ruin it for me. On the contrary, it was so fun to watch and hear their excitement. They all loved it. Most of them were dressed up in their fancy clothes and watched the performance with wide eyes and gaping mouths. Very enjoyable, indeed.

6 comments:

Jaime S. said...

i hear by law that when your parents divore, you remain siblings. so you could still call them step sisters ; ) if that law is true then i have 31 brothers and sisters ; ) Wowzers!

Meagan said...

I'm so jealous. Tammie called me and said she had extra but Roy and I were singing at some Catholic curch. :( I'm glad you had a good time though! How fun!

Cara said...

I've still never seen the Nutcracker. Someday...

Summer said...

WEll, I'm kinda suprised you're a ballet girl. Would have never guessed. And I love the fact you have ex-step sisters!And can I just say I enjoy your honesty, and your lay it out there attitude, it's wonderful!!

Kristal said...

My husband has ex step sisters, but after they started flirting with him, we lost contact with them? haha!

Amanda said...

good times.