9.13.2006

If you've never been to aerobics at an LDS ward building, you're missing out! Today was my fist day and it was so enjoyable, for several reasons. Fist of all, it's a decent hour work out. You work up a sweat and feel a good burn. But it's not like any other aerobics class because there are hords of little children all over the place! It's at 8 in the morning so any child not in school is at aerobics with Mom! Moms are holding babies while they do lunges, kids are sitting on Mom's step while Mom is trying to keep up with the routine, a little kid might carry off your weight and you have to go retrive it... And that's not the only humerous part. The conversation is about what slush to serve at the upcoming wedding reception, and where to get the best tortillas, and where they're putting in the next Wal-mart. It's truly a comical experience that I will be repeating 3 times a week!

6 comments:

Jamie & Johnny said...

My ward does this too, I've been wanting to go. Where do you go? What did Cohen do? Did he just hang out?

Wolfingtons said...

You have to develop some pretty fancy footwork in order to avoid the moving obstacles (kids).

Jill said...

I went to the bldg on Chandler Hts just east of Hawes. It's at 8:30 on M, W, and F. It's not my ward. I didn't know anyone but they're totally nice.

Jennie said...

I used to go with Lisa when our first babies were little. I tried to go recently again with Brynlee, but the older and more frequent kids there won't play with her, so she just cries and sits on my step so I can't even use it! Oh well.

lisa said...

I love mormon aerobics! I miss it. I went in Mesa when Isaac was little. I guess it's not a Vegas thing. I haven't heard of it here, but I would love it! It is definately histarical!

lisa said...

I love mormon aerobics! I miss it. I went in Mesa when Isaac was little. I guess it's not a Vegas thing. I haven't heard of it here, but I would love it! It is definately histarical!