- Our best efforts should go to our kids.
- There is urgency in our teaching them gospel principles and standards.
- We are accountable before God if we fail to teach them what He would have them know. It's not easy but He has set forth a pattern and there is help.
- Selfishness may be the single biggest challenge in marriage.
- We must bear kids with the intention to do the work it takes to save them.
- Use all family time to teach and nurture relationships.
- Reclaim the joy of the Sabboth.
I also got reenergized about family scripture time. Since Cohen wont sit and listen to scripture reading, we've tried just letting him play in the room where we are reading, hoping he'll catch bits and pieces. He's just too little for it. I now realize that it's ok to adjust to his age. He's not going to sit and listen to 10 minutes of scripture reading but he can help me with a two minute flannel board story about the sacrament or he can color a picture about being kind to a friend. As long as I establish the pattern of "gospel time", I can build on it as he grows. I want him to be able to say, "Everything I ever learned at church, I had already learned at home."