7.03.2009

Meet my new go-to cookbook

I'm sort of a recipe junkie. I use allrecipes.com several times a week and am always picking up new cookbooks. I'm usually disappointed with cookbooks though. I like a few of the recipes but overall the book just sits on the shelf. So I checked this one out from the library before buying it. I've tried more than 10 of the recipes and had 9 out of 10 successes! All the recipes are easy, quick and less than 400 calories. Those are all my pet peeves about other cook books.

Here's one of our favorites,
Sweet and Sour Chicken
  • Heat 2 tbls canola oil in skillet.
  • Brown 4-4 oz boneless, skinless chicken boobies cut in chunks or strips.
  • Transfer chicken to baking dish.
  • Combine 1 envelope dry onion soup mix with 6 oz thawed OJ concentrate and 1/2 cup water. Pour over chicken.
  • Bake uncovered for 50 minutes.
  • Serve over brown rice.
Yummo.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Um, yum, I'll for sure have to try this book out. Or check it out! Thanks for the tip. I am an all recipes girl as well. :)

Courtney said...

Does the recipe book really say chicken boobies?

Linz said...

I am with you on that Jill! I use allrecipes a ton and I have far too many cookbooks but I might have to purchase that one! There was a show here called cook yourself thin and the cookbook from the show is actually really good! That one you bought looks like it would be better!