My kids went to stay at my mom's for a few days. I'm just so huge and tired that we all needed a little break. They need more fun and I need less! So they left Monday afternoon. Here it is Wednesday morning. I find it funny to think about how I'm spending my "time off".
- Yesterday, I slept in and then watched the Today Show and ate breakfast on the couch.
- Then I spent over an hour sorting socks from our Lost Sock Drawer. While tedious, I made over 30 matches! Each of us has a drawer full of socks! (And I'm truly excited about it!)
- Then I posted some stuff to sell on craigslist. I've been meaning to do it forever. We are moving the boys into the same room so we need a new set up for them. I'd love them in twin trundle beds but a friend offered us a free queen so that's what we'll do for now.
- Then my charming husband and I met for lunch at Carolina's in downtown Phoenix. I used to go there all the time when I worked with homeless people downtown. It was so fun to be back in the "hood" and the food was even better than I remember! I loved picking Brad up at work and having a quick lunch, just the two of us! Felt like we were single and dating! Except that I spilled food on my giant belly.
- I had to work yesterday afternoon but instead of having to wait for Brad to get home to take over kid duty, I was able to go when I wanted to. Lovely!
I'm really not sleeping well these days; if you've ever been pregnant I'm sure you can relate. So the very most lovely thing has been being able to get enough sleep even if it's not 8 consecutive hours during the night. I had a TERRIBLE night last night of discomfort, sleeplessness, bad dreams, etc. But I didn't have to get up at 6 with my kids so I crammed in a few extra hours of really quality sleep this morning! Heavenly!
I'm so very grateful for mom. I know she must be exhausted by now but she is toughing it out because she knows I'll be exhausted if she brings the kids home! She'd rather it be her than me, at least for a few days. She is selfless and wonderful and greatly appreciated!
So today I'm off to clean the car, get the alignment done, and then start gathering and washing baby things. I'm excited to set up the bassinet and swing and to fold itty bitty little newborn clothes. 37 weeks! I'm officially full term! I hope he stays put until we have a name for him, poor thing. Top runners are currently Grayson, Haze, Liam, Zach, Gavin, and Ryan. Please hold your opinions at this point. It just makes it harder. :)