4.18.2014

I hired a babysitter so I could be alone today. In my room. :)

I've been keeping my friend Amber's kids two days a week while she works.  She's a dental hygienist, which is the universe's greatest part time job.  I wish I had thought of it.  Social Work is not so conducive to part time, meaningful employment.  So while she's off making $30-40 an hour, she pays me $12 an hour to keep her kids.  I'm super grateful for the extra money.  I thought I was going to spend it decorating the house, getting a swing set, building a fire pit, and replacing our trampoline mat.  Instead, I'm using it to pay the $2500 we owe in taxes and $500 for a new starter in our van.  Boo.  But I'm still grateful for the income to pay for those things cuz we didn't have that much saved.

It's been good for Gavin to have little friends over 2 days a week.  It has been just he and I alone together most of the day while the boys are in school.  That has gotten old pretty quickly.  I dont really want to build trains all day or watch Disney Channel or jump on the trampoline.  I want to do each of those things for about 10 minutes and then I want to get my housework done... and other exciting grown up things.  So we have enjoyed having 4 year old Aadon and 2 year old Olivia here for Gavin to play with.  7 month old Jeremiah is about as easy as a baby could be.  I never had one like him, I'll tell you that right now.  So it's a pretty dreamy gig all around.  For the people who keep telling me that 3 kids is the same as 6 kids... YOU LIE.  Or you smoke crack.  Either way, 6 is not like 3.  I only have 6 for about 2.5 hours each day and I'm here to tell you, it's not for me.  We're sticking with 3.  On my knee.  Or in a tree.

I FINALLY got soil put in the planter box Ty built for us several years ago.  Within the next few days, we'll be growing tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, beets, carrots and peas.  I dont have any idea what I'm doing so I'm going to cross my fingers on both hands and hope something grows!

Brad and I are coaching Cohen and Jace's baseball team.  This is the last year that they'll play together for a while.  Cohen moves up to minors next year and Jace will have to play coach pitch for another year or two.  They are both pretty athletic and enjoy most of the sports they try.  I couldn't talk them into trying basketball this year but I hope they want to play next year.  They got a hoop for Christmas and I think they're pretty good.

Gavin turned 3 in March so I decided it was time to get him out of the crib and stop buying diapers.  It's been a rough transition.  He's pretty well potty trained, thanks to 2 year old Olivia being potty trained and Gavin wanting to potty on the toilet like her.  But he and Jace are sharing a room now and it is NOT going well.  They wake each other up a lot.  I have a bad memory but I think Cohen used to comfort and snuggle Jace when he'd wake up in the night.  Jace is not necessarily returning the favor to Gavin.  Very often we end up with me and Jace in guest bed and Brad sleeping with Gavin somewhere.  It's no good.  Gavin for sure loves his new underwear though.  After we bought them and brought them home, he put on at least 10 pair at one time because he couldn't decide which ones to wear!  It was so cute!  He could barely walk with all those underwear on!

A cute thing Gavin says right now is "lasterday".  Which obviously means yesterday.  Jace actually hasn't gotten that one down either.  He calls it "the day before this day".  Ha!  "Mom, on the day afore this day, did I have school?"  He really does say "afore" instead of "before".  He and Cohen are both doing well at math, which they did not get from their parents.  Cohen is still in piano lessons although he and I both lose are patience pretty easily during practice.  We've got to practice our patience during practice.  See what I did there?  :)

1 comment:

Mike and Becca said...

Glad u posted. That was such a fun one. Keep posting please :)