7.01.2008

Wedding Weekend


My little sister got married on Saturday. It was very enjoyable. She's kind of silly and I didn't really know that until recently. I think her beau brings out the funny in her.

Between her luncheon and reception, we took Cohen to the circus. He fell asleep. He must be my child. I fell asleep at a Joe Satriani concert once.

Since my family was in town for the wedding, we blessed Jace on Sunday at church. I wish I had taken a picture of the men who stood in the circle to participate in the blessing. Both of Brad's brothers, both of my brothers, Brad's dad and Grandpa, my step-dad... Such a handsome and lovely group. And Jace made it through the blessing without crying! Brad did a beautiful job. He asked the Lord to bless Jace with a strong testimony of our Savior, a love for the temple, health and strength, and that he would cling to the scriptures as his guide in life. All good things, I'd say.

3 comments:

Codie said...

Isn't it funny how well we DON'T know our family members until they get married? I have a few members of my family like that. We almost went to the circus but cheaped out.

Jaime S. said...

Sorry I missed it. I never heard of the new blessing date.

Mary Postert said...

Darlene had one of the vases/centerpieces from the reception on her desk at work. It was gorgeous. I loved the green and pink.