11.04.2010

Add this to my list

I want this print by eva juliet on Etsy. My family doesn't need the explanation but my beloved Grandpa Udall used to always say, "The church is true. God has been good to us. And the best is yet to come!" Remember those three things and the hard times are easier to swallow. I've been working on transcribing my grandparents' life stories after a two year hiatus. Reading their stories, in their words, has filled my mind and soul with thoughts of them. I even dreamed about them last night. I'm SO uber grateful that my Uncle Jordan spent so many hours video taping them giving their life stories. I love having the true "them" captured in such a vivid way. It eases the sting of missing them just a little bit.

6 comments:

stephanie said...

i've seen that print and admired it, too. i will have to remember what your grandpa said. such wisdom!

Amanda said...

we could make this with paper, modge podge, and wood.

Leah said...

I love it...I want to make the whole quote on something for my wall....thanks for reminding me

Laura Millett said...

I'm in too! Let's do a cousin craft day!! ;)

Auburn said...

love it!

Cara said...

Man I've been teary about them all day. Love the sign, it's perfect!