6.26.2011

Brad and I had a day date this week that was SO fun! For Christmas, his parents gave us a Groupon to go jet skiing. We met his siblings and spouses at 6:15am and drove about an hour to Lake Pleasant. And it was.... so very pleasant! We had 4 jet skis for 6 people so we all got turns to ride solo and also to ride with our spouses. I seriously laughed out loud the whole time! It was so fun to follow the boats and jump their wake. Brad and I only fell off once and I'm not sure how it even happened. We weren't going very fast but we were turning and just totally lost balance.

Lunch at Red Robin was the perfect end to our adventure. We got home about 2pm to our marshmallow baby and bored big boys. (I got one sitter for Co and Jace and had another sitter take Gavin to her house so her mom could help her watch him. Worked out great.)

It was fun to hang out with my in laws sans kids. Often when we're together, it's just a whole lot of kid chasing and referring.





My sister in law Lisa is a dare devil! She got up to almost 70 mph, while I was content to keep my slow key in and cruise at a measly 35 mph!

I just love day dates with Brad. It's so great to get away for several hours and really have fun and enjoy each other. I'm going to try to do an adventurous day date every 3 months for us. Any suggestions for what's next?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

that looks like a blast!

Mary Postert said...

Jill, looks super fun! Let's go quad riding with the four of us for your next day date.

Mike and Becca said...

oh man that looks great. I love to be in the water like that! and your blessing picture is so good. you look great!

Meagan said...

I don't know, but invite us when you go again in 3 months! We need to do something like that, too. And in 3 months I will have no baby in my belly. How nice that will be...